A general mold inspection helps us examine the problem, but it doesn’t give us all the answers we need. Before any mold remediation work is done, we recommend calling a mold testing company to accurately assess the situation. At ProCare Restoration, our IICRC mold inspection specialists will be able to test for mold in two ways:
A strip test is used when you can see visible mold in your home. It can help:
- Determine what type of mold you have in a particular area
- Let you know if the potential mold is harmful (toxic black mold) or nothing to be concerned about
An air test is a much more thorough and comprehensive way to check for mold in your home. What we do at ProCare Restoration is test 100-150 liters of air through an air cartridge. A machine vacuums up a certain amount air into said cartridge. An air test can determine the following things:
- What type of mold you are breathing in and what mold spores are in the air
- Trap mold spores, pollen, skin cells onto the cartridge
- Compare the air quality inside your home from the air quality outside
- If the air quality is similar, then you don’t have to worry about a mold remediation
Once the air test sample is taken, it is then sent to a 3rd party lab to be examined. This lab inspects the air sample and sends us a detailed report which we then report to you. We do this so that you can be positively sure you’re getting an unbiased and honest report.
When you want to test your house for mold, we recommend hiring trained professionals who can comprehensively explain what course of action to take. Misreading a mold test yourself could prove to be a critical mistake, so call ProCare Restoration today for award winning service!
HOW DO I GET MY FREE ESTIMATE FOR MOLD REMOVAL?
If you’re a homeowner in need of mold removal services, we think it’s only fair that your inspection be free.
or in the form below
FIRST-TIME CUSTOMER DISCOUNT
Once you submit the request, a discount offer will be emailed within a few minutes.